Sunday, May 22, 2022

Day 4







































Today we had a very busy day!  If your mom works for a watershed district, and has to learn all about dam safety, you will most likely be dragged to a dam at some point during a stay at a big lake.  I was disappointed that they were not letting any water out, however it is interesting (to me at least) how very small this dam seems considering the size of Beaver Lake.    I’m planning some research, but it seems like both Pomona and Clinton lakes at home are larger.  

We didn’t stay at the dam very long, and were off to see inspiration point, a request of Mallory’s.  It was a very short, only moderately inspiring stop.   It did inspire Jim to want bbq food for lunch.   Into Eureka Springs we went.  The first place we found smelled like heaven, unfortunately, they only had outside dining, and it was sort of chilly today, so we opted for a different place.  I’m pretty convinced that the first place would have been better, but it was good enough to sit down for a little bit before Colin, Spencer, Cameron and Lauren hit the road back for Kansas!  

They did not hit the road before going to the Razorback outlook post, and pausing for a group photo op!   I’m so glad that they could all come down for the weekend.  The cabin feels empty without them!   I truly enjoyed the time we got to have all together though!  I am thankful they are willing to drive down and spend a weekend with these old geezers (me and Jim).  

After they got on the road, we went to one more place that I wanted to see-  Thorncrown chapel.  It was beautiful, but not a place that you need to spend very long at!   I am glad I got to see it though!  

After all these excursions, we came back to the cabin where Madison made us some amazing burritos and we just hung out reading and playing games, and Preston got a little fire going for s’mores.  

Andrew and Jim headed out on the boat in search of more fish.  They had a great amount of success, and were gone long enough that Madison and I were wondering if we were now fishing widows.   I’m glad they caught some of the stuff they had been trying for!  

As the weekend draws to a close, and our vacation is getting closer to over, I find myself incredibly thankful.  I’m happy we had the time together.  I’m happy we could get away for a few days. I’m just overwhelmingly blessed.  Life is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment