Saturday, May 7, 2022

Errand Saturday















 
This week was crazy.  I barely had time to breathe, and I failed share this photo Cameron sent me of his last official class at KSU.  I asked him if he was sad.  He said no.   I am a little sad, it has been a fast 4 years.   I sometimes feel bad that we haven’t gone to visit him more.  It is really difficult when we are still chest deep in raising younger siblings.  We have sort of watched his success from afar, going to visit as often as we could.  His next step will be even more difficult, as he will be even further away.  I am so proud of how much he has accomplished.  It is amazing to watch your adult kids fly.   

Cameron gained more than just an education at KSU, he also unofficially added this amazing girl to our family.   We have definitely adopted her whether she wanted us to or not.  She sent me this picture of the dress that she made with her 5th grade student teaching class.  Each of them made a little drawing on it.   I think it is adorable.   I am confident that any child who is taught by her will be loved and lucky to have her.  I’m so proud of our Lauren girl too.  

Cameron also sent me these photos that he took today.  He has been taking a lot of photos in his cap and gown. I’m a little worried the thing is going to be worn out before graduation.   The kid always has made me laugh though.  

Today we ran errands.  A lot of errands.  I was reminded why I hate going to town on Saturday. Jim was easily talked into abandoning the last 3 stops in favor of just coming home and doing the other stuff later.  We laughed about how we are intolerant of the general public, and how we both hate crowds.  Jim and I are very opposite in a lot of things, we have learned to merge our views, and compromise is a common theme.  He likes sappy music, I like singability.   He likes rational thinking, I favor jumping in and figuring it out as I am swimming.  He likes to have spreadsheets and goals.  I like a list but mostly find it too much of a burden to build a spreadsheet.  Needless to say, it was nice to find that we have something in common.  A bonding moment over hatred of shopping, crowds and society as a whole.  I guess we made the right decision in moving to the country, middle of nowhere!   

We did buy all the food for the graduation party next weekend. Andrew has agreed to smoke the meat.   We stopped to drop it off, and see Evie for a few minutes.  Our timing was interesting, as they were in the middle of getting new appliances.  Evie was pretty happy to show us her new  Guinea pigs though.  I hope tomorrow will be a little more relaxing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment