Friday, May 27, 2022

New friends and vacay pics









Still looking through pictures and reflecting on our vacation.   I don’t think I posted these earlier.  Evelyn loved being at the lake.  She was so sad to check out of the cabin.  She’s been talking nonstop about Beaver Lake since we got home. She’s planning our next trip already.  We did have a great time. I’m happy we had the chance to go and hang out.  I feel more relaxed.   We squeezed a lot into a few days. I’m not sure when we will get to go again, but I’m thankful we made it this summer.  

A few weeks ago, we re-homed Frankie.  It was a decision I didn’t come to easily.  The problem really was not having a bird, but that the bird was so loud.  Unless you’ve had a parrot in your house, I cannot explain how loud he was.  It was honesty ear shattering.  He screeched for attention, he screeched to be left alone, he screeched at the tv. I pulled in on the bus one night and could hear him inside the bus, with the windows closed.   He was insanely loud.  And we didn’t know what to do with him.  We took the advice of several people we know who raise parrots, trying to train him.  Basically, the noise just got to be too much.  As soon as he was gone, I missed him.  I didn’t miss the noise, but I liked having a bird.  Today, I hopped on Facebook to update the 4-H page, and happened to notice the Humane Society had a parakeet surrendered.   I talked to Jim who mentioned that he had promised Evie we would get a quieter bird.  I called, and he was still there, so Saige and I ran to town and adopted him.   His name is Rico.   (According to Saige his name is Rico Cheyenne). He is just a baby.  He looks incredibly dinky in the parrot cage, but he definitely has plenty of space to stretch his wings.  I can’t wait to show Evie!   
We also got a couple of new fish (because we were at the pet store to buy bird food).   I can’t be trusted.   

No comments:

Post a Comment