Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mother’s Day


Mother’s Day - for the rest of the world, maybe a nice day out for lunch, maybe a day at a spa.  Not for this girl.  We went to church, and then cleaned out the chicken house at grandma’s  because our broilers should be delivered this week. I appreciated the help with this project!   Preston even learned to drive grandpa’s skid steer.  He is planning to add that to his resume.  
After we finished with the chicken house, we came home, and I asked the kids eat lunch and then  to help me clean up the house. As we were eating lunch,  Cameron appeared out of thin air.  I was happy to see him!   Jim took the opportunity while he was here to get him to help us with a duck pen building project.   So the house cleaning took a backseat, but the ducks are now settled into their new digs.   They seemed legitimately happy  about it.   I am also legitimately happy about it because they had been in the house and they were starting to get pretty messy!  

We just finished the duck pen and started on the house cleaning when Madison and Andrew arrived.  It was nice that they got to see Cameron for a minute.   Madison helped me clean up the kitchen so we could make dinner.  The rest of the house can wait I guess.   

My aunt Marian took these photos at the anniversary party.   Jim and I don’t take pictures together very often, and my dad rarely smiles when we take photos of him.  I decided to save these here because I like them.   







Traditional mother’s days are overrated.  I’m sitting here this evening, I have seen or talked to all of my kids.  I have heard from friends.  I am sunburned and exhausted from the day’s accomplishments.  My life is a happy one. My family is amazing.  I am a happy mom.  I am truly and awesomely blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment