Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Last day (whew!)









All of us (except maybe Jim) were thrilled with today being the last day of school.  Saige finished 4th grade.  She had a great year with Mrs. Lattimer (one of our favorites).  She learned so much, and her skills are amazing.  She is a very gifted writer.  We love her creativity!
Harper finished 6th grade. This was her first year of “middle school” and switching classes/teachers.  Her favorite teacher this year had to leave a few months ago due to having a chronically ill child.   Harper does a great job at school.  She never has much to say about it, but her grades are great and I don’t get any calls from school!  One thing Harper would deny, but she is really talented at is art.  She has a good eye and makes some really great stuff.  She doesn’t always love going to school, but we are very proud of the work she does there.   

Evie learned today that she got into the morning class of preschool for next year.  This girl is crazy excited about it.  Today, she was on fire asking me question after question.  She is so smart. I can’t wait to see how she likes preschool.  

Preston finished his junior year. He did so while carrying a full load of college credits, and working at the grocery store and the vineyard.  He does great things!   I can’t believe my “let’s have a tag along baby” is going to be a senior.  Time really does fly when you’re having fun. 

Quincy finished her sophomore year.  She only got detention twice this whole year.   A record for her.  Our little girl is growing up!   Truly, she doesn’t enjoy school, but her grades are good and she works hard.  We are proud of her for doing well while not enjoying herself.  To see her working at Los Vaqueros, where she loves what she does, and she is learning to speak Spanish, makes me happy to see her actually enjoying life.  

Mallory finished her first year of teaching first grade.  She seems to love the younger crowd.  I know she had a few rough days, but her passion for teaching never waivers.  
I finished my 6th year of bus driving.  Some days are just rough, but overall, I enjoy the kids.  Their stories make me giggle and kids will always just be kids.  They say and do stuff they shouldn’t, they need guidance and patience.  Mostly though, they are good.  I have relatively few problems.  It is by far not the worst job I have ever had.  That being said, I’m not sad to dial my alarm up a couple of hours for summer time!   Especially since we are rump deep in summer activities already.  I’m ready for ballpark nights, morning walks, late night ice cream runs, random shows enjoyed in the late evenings after ball games, swimming, sun, family time and relaxed schedules.   

No comments:

Post a Comment