Sunday, May 15, 2022

Sunday again










Carlos really rarely ever barks.  However, this morning he woke us all up barking at the neighbors dog who was barking in the yard.  This afternoon, he was outside losing his sanity. Saige went out to see why and found this red eared slider hiding in the flower bed.  We told her to leave it alone and bring Carlos inside.  A few hours later, we saw the neighbors dog carrying it around in her mouth. So we loaded the dogs up in the car and took the poor turtle to a new location.  He now lives by the creek at the end of the road.  I hope he will be very happy there.  

I’m actually glad I took the little drive.  It is beautiful outside, the sun was setting and the moon was rising.  It was breathtaking out there!   

The dogs enjoyed it as well!  They all love to take a ride in the car!  

We had a great weekend.  I enjoyed celebrating the success of these two!  Honesty though, I was beat today.  I still had some Sunday stuff that we had to do, but I also took a little nap!   The girls came over for leftovers for lunch.  Jim worked in the yard, and I got the kitchen put back together.   Two days of school this week and then it’s officially summer break.  I’m sure this is true because today my phone was inundated with ball schedules, practice plans, batting cage reservations, summer RE schedules, and reminders about upcoming appointments that I made when we are going to be out of school. Although I wish I had another weekend day, I am excited about summer break.  I like driving the bus.  I mostly deal with good kids, but when we are running in the evenings and getting home late, getting up early to drive is brutal.  I’m ready to park the beast at least until summer ball season is over.     

No comments:

Post a Comment