Monday, May 30, 2022

Holiday?









One more photo from the wedding.  Andrew took this one.  I love it.  

Whenever we leave for a few days, then come back, we have to catch back up.  The yard grew about 2 feet, and we wanted to get the pool open this weekend.  We started in mowing, weed whacking and trimming brush.  I’m not sure we could ever be done.  I’m in favor of building more fence and just buying goats to do the work.  
Preston hopped to work on hooking up the pool filter.  Unfortunately, we seem to have missed a drain plug and our filter basket holder thingy (I’m pretty sure that is the scientific name for it) cracked.   We ordered another one, but it won’t be here until next week.  Getting the pool open is out for now.  Sadness abounds.  With that project out, we turned our sights to cleaning the garage.  Although I am happy that this job is now finished, it wasn’t as much fun when it was done.   I hate cleaning the garage.  For one thing, mice always seem to find their way in.  I hate mice.  The other thing is, besides grabbing stuff from the freezer, I rarely go in the garage, so the mess doesn’t bother me.  Why is the garage a catch all?  Where does that stuff even come from?   What even is that stuff?   Seriously.  Oh well, it’s an annual job that is now finished.  Maybe this time it will stay clean. Hahaha!  

After finishing the garage, and declaring the yard “good enough for today,” Jim and Carlos took a nap.  Saige and I ran to the first day of the farmer’s market in town.  Maybe I am getting old, but people seem to be more rude than I remember.  The farmer’s market was too peopley so we came home and made calzones. I am not sure this is what I wanted to do with my holiday, but I am thankful that we got so much accomplished.  This week, we start ball games and kiss our evenings goodbye until mid July.  I’m looking forward to watching the girls play!  

No comments:

Post a Comment