Friday, July 22, 2022

Days flying by








Cameron started his new job.  I was amused that he sent this picture of another new person dressed exactly the same as he was.  Twins?  I sure can't tell them apart.  I haven't heard much about how the new job is going so far, so I am going on the 'no news is good news' idea.  Lauren still has another week before she starts her new job.  

Due to having meetings this week, Mallory watched Evie for a couple days.  I was laughing about Evie wanting the dogs to wear their Halloween costumes!  Olive will do anything if you just play fetch!  

Mallory also went back to school shopping.  She makes me laugh with her bargain hunting.  

I was happy to have my meetings done, and my side kick back!  She has all sorts of fun ideas for making my work time go faster!  This week, she taught me to juggle, introduced me to the idea of making tacos in my crock pot in the back room at the office, ate her weight in sour cherry balls, and makes life 100% more fun!  She is getting so excited about starting preschool!  She did tell me that she can no longer be my "baby monkey" because monkeys do not go to school!   She is growing up way to fast!   

Saige has been wanting a phone (like every kid in America).  We had previously let the other kids get phones around her age, and she was sure to point that out.  Does she need a phone?  Debatable.  We do have a 45-minute span of time when I drop the kids off from the bus, and then go on to finish my route.  They are home alone for that span of time.  I cannot see our house from the end of the driveway.  I know that the next-door neighbor is home and has been gracious enough to say if the girls come up the driveway, and someone is at the house, they can walk over to her place and stay until Jim can get there.  I also worry about other things - that 45 minutes is supposed to be used for them to do chores before it gets dark or so it is done if we need to leave for something.  What if they go out to the barn and somehow get hurt?  What if they run across some rattle snake or other wild animal?  Probably nothing bad will happen, but I sure feel better knowing if it does happen, they have a way to call for help.  That being said, we also know that phones can cause a lot of drama amongst teenagers, and that kids spend a lot of time on technology and gaming when they should be enjoying life.  We feel we have done a reasonable job of limiting the kids, and encouraging them to have a screen free balance to life.  Regardless, we caved and Saige got her phone.  And somehow, she is now using it to take photos of herself, and the dogs.  She is happy to be able to communicate with some of her friends.  Added bonus, taking away phones as a punishment seems to be the most effective punishment ever!  :)   

She is seeming to be more grown up than I would like my "baby" to be!  
This weekend is going to be the great catch up.  Jim is going fishing with Andrew.  The girls and I have a few projects in mind to get ready for the upcoming fair.  I am happy that Jim is feeling much better, and that the rest of us seem to have avoided catching Covid again.  Fingers crossed anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment