Saturday, July 9, 2022

Relaxing? No, but it was fun!















Saige, Harper and Alaya (Harper’s BFF) all wanted me to wake them up this morning so we could pick blackberries.  Saige actually got up!   We picked up grandma, were at the patch when they opened, and within 40 minutes had picked 15 pounds of blackberries.  We barely even had to bend over!   South Baldwin Farms is starting to be one of my favorites.  They aren’t overly cheap, but their set up is awesome.  I felt the same when we were over there last fall picking pumpkins and bought apples.  

Although we went for blackberries, they had peach seconds (peaches whose shape is wonky or that had some blemish) fairly cheap.  I don’t care about how pretty the peach is, I wanted to make jam and can some up!  Then I realized they also had sweet corn.   All told, I came home with a car load of fresh produce.  

Luckily, it didn’t take very long and we made it back in time to watch Evelyn’s last t-ball game.  Ok, I am on record saying watching her chase the ball, and then stomp her little foot if she didn’t get it, absolutely cracks me up.  Sassy much?  

I love this little girl so much!   She was so excited to see us!  She was also so excited about her trophy!   She told me she had to go home and put it in her room right away!   I honestly am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that she is old enough to play!   The years really do go fast!  


Once we got back home, I realized that all my shopping created work!   Saige and I froze several quarts of berries.  I made blackberry jam.  I am getting ready to make peach jam and we are going to try our hand at canning peaches.   I also ran across a huge sale on some black bananas (almost free) so I am planning to make a bunch of banana bread and freezing it.   I saw video of a lady canning quick breads, but I am terrified to try that!  I do like spending a day in the kitchen, but days like today make me wish Madison  still lived at home - she loves helping with this sort of stuff!  

Saige has been asking to make a fairy garden.  She had a place planned out and everything.   Today, we bought a few pieces.  I told her I thought it would be fun to collect pieces for it.   This little fairy house is so cute!  It even lights up!  

Cameron and Lauren are attending a wedding for Lauren’s cousin.  They clean up really nice!  
I guess my dinner break is now over!  Back to work!   

No comments:

Post a Comment