Monday, July 18, 2022

Summer party














The 4-H club had their annual summer pool party last night.  I only had 2 swimmers.   Harper had a headache and Quincy was at work.  Preston said he had more fun than he thought he would.   Saige said she had fun but she wished more of her friends were there.  With us having a pool in the yard, we don’t go to the city pool as often as we used to.   It used to be a daily activity in the summer for us. 

Saige has been experimenting with her photography project.  My phone is filled with trick shots, weird shots, selfie’s and random photos of animals and flowers.   Today, Mallory took her and Evie to the zoo.   She let Saige use her good camera and take a few shots to look at for fair presentations.  They had fun, and Saige was in heaven.  She has been asking for a phone (like every kid in America).  We finally said ok.  I’m counting down the days until it is delivered as much as she is…..although I like photography, she takes so many photos!  

Thank you Mallory for feeding her passion, and for the pointers, and the fun morning out!   

Today is aunt Geraldine’s 90th birthday.  She is in extremely bad health, but I was very happy that she made her goal of living to her birthday, and I am also thankful that my mom was released from her Covid quarantine and was healthy again in time to go see her.  I feel bad that I didn’t make it in, but Jim is once again battling Covid, and although we are technically not quarantined, I felt like she didn’t need us taking any chances.  Aunt Geraldine is a character.  She is a collector of things, one of the most organized people when it comes to paperwork and filing you’ll ever meet, and she has always remembered all of our birthdays, anniversaries and holidays.  I truly believe she has single handedly kept hallmark in business.  

As I floated in the pool this evening, I noticed the locusts were really loud.  To me, this is the sound of summer winding down.  Oh, I know there will still be weeks of hot weather, but school starts a month from today.  Our days of freedom, lack of schedules, no bedtime routines, no mad rush mornings are my absolute favorite days.  One month to enjoy the rest of summer break!   

No comments:

Post a Comment