Saturday, July 23, 2022

The day we needed








I had a list of things i planned to accomplish today.  You know what they say about the road to hell being paved with good intentions?   Well….
Jim came home yesterday and told me that he and Andrew were getting up really early, going fishing, and then going into KC to Cabella’s and Bass Pro.  I had a moment of panic thinking about how much it cost me the last time I let those 2 go to a bait shop unchaperoned.  Then I had the thought - if they go off fishing, the girls and I will be home all day without anywhere to go!   
Jim and Andrew left before sunrise.  I rolled over and went back to sleep.  Of course, Preston is staying at our nephew’s house- dog sitting.  I had to get up and make sure Quincy heard her alarm, and make sure Preston’s tire had stayed aired up over night.   I thought about crawling back into bed a second time, but then decided to make the girls a nice breakfast and get the day started.  

The girls and I putzed the whole morning away.  I started laundry and got the pool filters going, they did outside animal chores and then we watched some tv and hung out.    It was nice.  Late morning, we decided to give each other pedicures.   
Jim and Andrew came home.  Jim told me they didn’t go into KC, but that he thought we should have dinner together after they swam.    I said ok, but that since this is most likely our last chance, we should go eat at Los Vaqueros.  That is how we all ended up eating dinner together while poor Quincy was at work.  

So my list didn’t get accomplished, but my sheets and bedding got washed (a thing that makes me happy).  My house is still a mess, but my husband got to spend a day doing what he loves.  My laundry isn’t done, but I got to hang out with some of my kids and the grandkid.  I didn’t do the prep work in the kitchen that I wanted to do for easy meals this upcoming week, but I did hear from the boys and   texted with them a little bit.   I didn’t do half a dozen other things I intended to,  but i soaked up life a little bit, scratched my pony, and spent some time being thankful for all of the little things in my life that bring me joy.   It was exactly the day I needed.   

Lauren sent me this picture- it must be take your daughter to work day!   I miss my big kids- but I am thankful for technology making it easy to keep up a little bit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment