Friday, July 29, 2022

Some fun stuff










Rico loves his new friend Lisa.  It makes me so happy that they are getting along so well!  I see them snuggled together at night, they seem to share the food bowl, and bathe together in their water dish. I am so glad!   Rico seems happier.   They are so much quieter than Frankie, it is actually enjoyable having them.   The part of me that is insane sort of hopes they will have babies!   

It is the annual library book sale time.  You know what that means?  It means mom lifts her ban on buying books, gives each person $3 and turns them loose.   The sale is $3 for whatever you can fit inside a shopping bag.  Saige and Evelyn had fun!   Evie understood the assignment.  She took home probably 20 books!  

Know what happens if you’re already in town and at mom’s office when lunch time rolls around?  Daddy/poppy  buys you lunch in town that’s what!  I keep thinking this will be the last time we eat at Los Vaqueros, but then we go again.   Quincy went with us, and said it was weird to sit down in there.    She is really sad about them closing.   She has a couple of ideas in the works for a new job.  We shall see I guess.   She’s going to hold off until the fair is over.  It will be good to have the extra set of hands!  

Of course, book sale also means our once a year puzzle!   My kids don’t love puzzles, but once a year they need reminded I guess!  

I have this crazy idea about the girl’s rabbit project.   I wanted to try pasture raising rabbits, which is a really easy way to go.  The problem is that we have too many predators out here.  Including our own dogs!   I found this design for a rabbit tractor.   Preston tweaked it, and I believe improved it.  He and Saige are building the first trial run.  So far, I like what he’s doing!   I can’t wait to see how the rabbits like it.  If it works out, we will buy some females and have some babies later this fall.   

Thank God it’s Friday.   Stick a fork in me- I’m done.   It has been long.  It has been wild.  I hope we can finish all of the fair projects this weekend. If not, I guess we will just take the stuff that we have ready and try again next year!    

No comments:

Post a Comment