Sunday, July 31, 2022

July? Where did you go?








It could have been an entertaining weekend.  There was plenty to do.  My nephew drove a car in the demolition derby in Lawrence this weekend.  As much as I love Garrett, and as much as I love a derby, I just couldn’t make myself go.  We did learn that Garrett and Bailey’s baby is a boy.   I sort of had a feeling about this one.   I’m excited for them and can’t wait to meet their little guy. 
 Jim had a town hall meeting for a proposal to open a municipally owned grocery store.   He went out with the committee afterwards for dinner.   Harper, Saige and I had a nice evening at home. I felt like it was what I needed at the time, and I am glad for having the opportunity to veg out with a movie and the girls.  

Lauren sent me a pic of the matching jerseys she got them for their anniversary.  They are cute!   I gave Cameron some suggestions for gifts he could give; but he didn’t really say if he liked my ideas.   

I swear last week was 4th of July, but I was knocked into reality when we spent the weekend doing fair projects and attending the fairground clean up.  As I was helping Saige mount photos this morning, Quincy whined out “ohhh nooo!  Not fair!  I don’t want it to be fair time yet because that just means school will start.”   She’s not wrong.  But……it’s happening anyway.  
Saige’s photos are mounted.  Saige’s poster sort of had an accident so we will be re-doing it tomorrow, but we know what we did wrong, so making new will be easy.   The goats and chickens are ready.  The rabbits are giddy with excitement.  It’s happening.  Tomorrow we trim goats, and we locate all needed supplies.  Tuesday we bake.  Wednesday is go time.  

Tonight, while I was at fairground cleanup with the kids, Madison and Andrew came to the house and made Chinese food for Sunday dinner.  It was so good and so nice of them.  After dinner, they helped me peel apples.  I was given probably 2 bushels from a friend.  We got roughly half finished.  We have apple butter cooking in the crockpot, and bags in the freezer ready for amazing warm fall and winter deserts.  Tomorrow we will make pie filling, and maybe try some cinnamon apple rings.   I am thankful that my friend always thinks of me when it’s apple time, but finding time this week to deal with prepping them will be a little crazy.   We will get it done though.  

Truly, I am not ready for thoughts of school supplies, schedules, fall activities, and bus driving.  Seems like time keeps marching on whether I am ready or not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment