Tuesday, July 26, 2022

I said it out loud











I keep waiting to have the lazy days of summer, but all we are getting is the crazy ones.  This week I had to take CPR for the bus job.   I was a little bit taken back by the fact that since I took this  class 2 years ago, they have added a whole chapter about Narcan, how to administer it, and how to tell if someone has overdosed on opioids.  Apparently it has become that big of a problem.  We were told a parent overdosed last year at one of our schools while waiting to pick up a child.   I’m in no way downplaying the situation, but I don’t know if, as a bus driver, I want that added to my list of things to be responsible for.   Anyway, my CPR is up to date.  
 
While I was at my class, Quincy took Ollie to the groomer for us.  Jim really wanted him trimmed and washed.   He looks completely ridiculous.  He doesn’t seem to care though.  Our Ollie is always happy.   
I mentioned to Jim that I had no place to run today.  Should NOT have said that out loud!   Quincy immediately formulated a plan for me to drive her to Ottawa to the DMV to update her license. She had the correct paperwork.  I really didn’t want to go town today, but we did.  She now has a lesser restricted license.  Yea for that!   I planned to stop off at Walmart afterwards to get a few things we needed for fair projects.  The DMV was fast (no line and aunt Bert waited on Quincy).   Between the DMV and Walmart, Quincy offered  to buy dipped cones at DQ.  That was a huge mistake.  The ice cream was melty.  By the time we got to the feed store, we were sticky, and all of us had ice cream spilled on our clothes.  I ran in to get chicken food and then we decided we didn’t want to go to Walmart because we were covered in messiness.   We did get chicken food before we wimped out!  

As we drove in our driveway, we were greeted by a fairly large rattle snake just chilling on the rocks.  I am not one who kills wild creatures just for the sake of killing them, but I do tend to aim my car for the snakes that rattle and   for the copper ones as well.  Sorry/not sorry.   In this case, the snake won.  I missed big time!   He was hiding in the grass.  Quincy decided to toss a rock near him because she wanted to hear him rattle.  These things move fast!  Nobody was in danger, but I always forget how fast they can move!   Needless to say, we will all be walking a little lighter around the yard.  I still prefer the snakes to living in town.  

The girls have reached the point of summer break where they are a little bit “fighty.”   Complaining at each other, sick of the waking up and seeing each other.   Which is why I was happy to see them hanging out together and giggling tonight.  They really do love each other, even if they forget it sometimes.   They only have 3 weeks left- I told them they better enjoy the little bit of time they have left.   

We always give vegetable scraps to the chickens.  This weekend, Evelyn decided that Coco should eat some watermelon rinds!  He loved it!  He’s such a sweet little pony!  

We texted a little with Cameron and Lauren today.  Cameron has a co-worker from Kansas.  Today was wear your former school shirt to work day.  She went to KU.   I thought it was funny.  


They seem to be exploring Baton Rouge.  Tonight’s photos are beside the mighty Mississippi.  I can’t wait until we can go visit!  

I texted a little bit with Colin this evening as well. He said he and Spencer are doing good.  I miss them all, but couldn’t be prouder!  

No comments:

Post a Comment