Friday, July 8, 2022

Livin’ the dream



















Cameron had his last day as a KSU tour guide today.  He then packed the last of his stuff and left Manhattan.  He texted me, and I asked if he was sad.  He said sort of.  I know he is looking forward to his new job, working on his Master’s and learning all about a new city.  That being said, he truly made the most of his college days at K-State.  We couldn’t be prouder of him.  I  am a little sad at the thought of him and Lauren being so far away, but I am also excited for them.  Not to mention, I have been looking for an excuse for years to visit NOLA, so with them being an hour away from there, I might just get to go there yet!   

No more ball games this week means Harper has a friend over, and we spent a bunch of time floating lazily in the pool.  It took me forever, but the water is finally clear!   I was very excited to finally see the bottom!  I am not sure what I did wrong, but a lot of trial and error finally got it done.   Jim and I also burned some of the brush that was stacked along the driveway.  I am happy to have an evening at home!  

Saige enrolled in the photography project in 4-H.  She has been trying to get some perfect shots to print.  These may not be winners, but I really love them!  Side note- we were on the way home from the ballpark earlier this week.  I had to go to the bathroom the way that happens when you drink too many beverages trying to stay cool!   We HAD to stop.  I could not convince her that it was bad timing.  At least she got these shots!  

Because of all our running, we have been going through a lot of gas this summer.  I ran to fill up and was conned out of pizza gummies and a slush.  I had to laugh when my little con artist tried to sell me a piece of pizza from her “pizza store” for $2.   Excuse me ma’am - who are you charging?   She just giggled at me!  

These 2- inseparable.  I love how they love each other.  Truly man’s best friend (or woman as the case may be).  When  we brought him home a couple years ago, I had never owned a little dog.    I only knew he was cute.  He is a true pain in the rear end, but whatever did we do before we had him to love?   

Mallory brought this back from Disney World for Evie.  She looked at and said “oh look!  A big a$$ sucker!”   It cracks me up - mostly because she’s not mine so when the school calls, they won’t be calling me - but also it makes me laugh because she talks just like her mother!  Madison doesn’t even realize she calls everything “big-a$$.”   
We are excited for a weekend.  Hoping for a relaxing one.  Probably won’t happen, but a girl can dream right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment