Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Sayonara for now





Cameron and Lauren (and Bella) packed all of the belongings that Cameron would allow into a U-haul and left for Baton Rouge early this morning.  Cameron was here yesterday.  He came to tell us goodbye.  I am glad he did, it was great to see him.  I am so very proud of these two kids.  They have found a way to get their educations paid for, have secured paid housing, have lined up great jobs, and have thought through all of the things that they can conceivably plan ahead for.  They have worked really hard to make sure they are financially secure, and have planned out as many of the logistics as possible.  
That being said, this is the second time that we have had a kid move out of state.  The first time, I was a train wreck.  I begged Jim to ground her and not let her go.  However, the outcome was that I got a beautiful grandkid and a great son-in-law out of it, so this time I am being less train-wreckish.  Not to say I haven’t shed my share of tears, but at least I didn’t follow them out of the driveway while begging Jim to do something to stop them.  Progress!!   
Truly I pray that this is a good move for them.  I hope they find success.  I hope they achieve master's degrees.  I hope that Louisiana is kind to them.  And I will always hope and pray that their paths lead them back home someday.  Until then - I guess we will be vacationing at LSU.   At least the colors are still good.   

No comments:

Post a Comment