Wednesday, July 10, 2024

13.24

We are in the true middle of summer.  I am starting to panic because I only have a few weeks until Quincy moves out.  You may remember last summer, when I panicked about Preston moving.  It never gets easier.  A 5th time, a 6th time. Not easier.  I hate this part.   Did your do enough to prepare them?  Do they know enough basic life skills?  Will they be ok?  Will I be ok?   And so, for the second summer in a row, as the days start to get a bit shorter, I notice.   I notice the sun isn’t as bright when I get up.   It’s not quite as light in the evening as I play around outside with my projects.   And I’m tinged with just a bit of sadness.  My kids are, and always have been my dream.  The thing I always wanted to do with my life - be a mom.  I’m not really ready for that season of life to change so drastically.   But life.   

Luckily, I did marry a man who I don’t mind spending my life with. Having an empty nest with him will be ok.  Good even.  My older kids accuse me of filling the next back up, but this time with animals.  They might be a little bit right.  I don’t know.  But the newest dog addition is a lot of work.  She is none of the breeds I was told she was.  Our vet said well you got yourself a giant mutt.  And I’m ok with that, but after having raised border collies, who are incredibly driven to please, and who listen and desire to do your bidding, this Norma dog is a big challenge. Mallory is invested - she loves her.  If I was being honest, I tried to get Mallory to take her - but Mallory says she doesn’t have enough space for a 3rd dog.  Mallory has been coming out in the evenings and taking her on very long walks, leash training her.  The rest of us are too busy cleaning her potty accidents.  Kidding - sort of.  She is starting o know a few of the basic commands.  She doesn’t always choose to listen to them.  More intensive training is starting today because I just do not like dogs with no manners.  










 

No comments:

Post a Comment