Sunday, July 28, 2024

Lake day

 


I got this picture from Lauren.  She seems to be working hard and liking her job.  I heard from Cameron a little bit- he was trying to fix the ac in Ethel (Quincy’s spare car).  He was not successful, but it was nice of him to try! 



The girls and GG had their annual lake day.   I know this is always a highlight of their summer. 

Madison and the girls stopped off on their way to hang up some signs.   Poppy let them raid the candy stash at his office!  

This little girl has grown so much this summer!   She loves the water!  And the sand too I am told.  I wish I could have gone to lake day, but I was in yet another day of the hellscape that is budget time at work.  












My kids sometimes make “interesting” decisions.  When lake day was over, Mallory and Quincy had a sister date - they went together and got matching tattoos.  Now, I know that their father is just open minded enough to know that they are adults now, and he doesn’t get to say anything about this, but also doesn’t understand why you’d want to put something that permanent on your body.  And I am indecisive enough to ever think I like something enough to wear it for the rest of my life, so tattooing is just not something I have ever really considered.  I do, however think the ones they picked are pretty neat.  And it always, always makes me happy when they do things together voluntarily, I will always strive to have my kids be friends.   The world can be a pretty rough place - family needs to watch out for each other.  


No comments:

Post a Comment