Saturday, September 28, 2024

Harper does HOCO

 



Homecoming in our district looks something like kids showing up in the downtown areas to decorate, showing up in grade school classes and making crafts and posters with the little kids,  followed by lunch, followed by a parade, a community wide pep rally, a royal crowning ceremony and a football game and exhausted people everywhere.  Harper showed up at my office yesterday morning with a cup of window paint but no paintbrush.  She tried to hide in my office, but luckily for her, Evelyn has been hanging out there for several years.  I have mad amounts of junk, including a paint brush that Evie used to use to clean cobwebs.  Out she went to beautify my office windows!   And yes, I will be sleeping with one eye open because she’s gonna try to choke me out for taking her picture.  


I’m pretty sure she had as much fun as Harper can have in one day!  

The bus barn boys served us lunch, and then it was off to Carbondale  for the parade.  Harper marched.  I took more pictures!   





They bussed the little kids over for the parade, I never got to see my little nugget but I still got a picture.  
Also- I told Harper I would go get us drinks and meet her right after the pep rally so she didn’t have to ride the bus back to the school.  She got into my car, but I could still hear the band playing.  I asked her how she got away, and she said “well they dismissed the cross country kids!”   Uhhhh girl, you aren’t a Cross country runner?   She shrugged and said they don’t know that!

Jim and I went out to watch Harper’s performance at the game.  Jim watched the game as well.  I tend to space off, talk to people and lose interest when I don’t have a kid on the field.  It’s ok though, because I paid attention when the band played, and they did great!    I tried to mark a couple of the photos, so you can spot Harper easily, but I’m not sure it was all that helpful.  She’s the cute one, in the flute section. 
This weekend is an interesting one.  Quincy and Colin were supposed to go sky diving.  Colin is being sent down south to help restore power after the hurricane instead.  They will reschedule.  I pray that Colin is safe and not gone for too long.   In my mind, he just exchanged one dangerous activity for another one.   I know it is what he does for a living, but I am also aware of people being crazy.  
Mallory is in Wichita for some teacher of the year nominee festival or something.  She is, as a nominee, now on a committee that will travel around the state looking at each other’s schools and sharing ideas, curriculum, and taking tours I guess.   Sounds horrible to me, but she is really excited!   And it worked well for Quincy’s she got a couple meals out of the dorm cafeteria for it!  We are dog sitting while she is gone.  Daisy Paige is currently filing complaints about excessive outdoor time.   
I want to attend an action today, however the reason I want to attend said auction is still being discussed.  Who is in favor of Hope owning a skid steer?   Raise your hands.  Does Hope know how to run a skid steer?  Negative, but I promise you, if you give me 5 minutes alone with it I could figure it out.   For the love of projects!  I feel myself coming into my skid steer era.  The only real question is should I buy it at an auction, or should I go straight to the dealership?  Not sure Jim is really excited about my latest idea, so if you see him, definitely tell him what a skilled skid steer driver can do.  Build a pond?  A foundation for barns?  Clear trees? Clear the driveway of snow and spread our own rock?   Dig fence post holes? The possibilities are just endless!  The auction has a few other “items” I am interested in.  I might need help getting my stuff home.  Better put my dad on standby with a trailer.
One other bit of news I got yesterday, our Godson Stanley and his wife Julia had a baby boy!  We are so excited to be grand-Godparents!  We are happy for them, excited for Grace and James to join us in the grandparent realm, and excited to meet their sweet boy! 
And now, I must shower and get ready.  I have big dreams of auction success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment