Saturday, October 2, 2010

Early Saturday

Preston and Quincy had an early soccer game this morning. I know that 8:00 a.m. may not seem early, and on weekdays the kids have already been taken to a bus stop and I am at work long before then, but on a Saturday, it feels early. Preston had a good game. He played some at goalie, and didn't let any goals get by him.
Quincy spends a lot of her time talking to people along the sidelines. I have to remind her to go after the ball sometimes! She is happy just to be on the team and get a shirt...she would actually be quite content if they just let her be a bench warmer, so long as they don't take away her shirt!


I wasn't the only one who thought the game was early - Quincy fell asleep at the kitchen table!
Mallory got all the painting done in her room. She can move in as soon as the cement paint on the floor is dry - experience tells me it will be a couple of days!
Jim is not feeling well. I am not sure if he has the flu or if he caught "line the soccerfield-itis" he was over helping very late last night. Considering he is still looking rather green, I am guessing flu! He missed the big game this morning - and they won, so he was bummed about that!
We spent our Friday night at the football game watching the marching band. I don't say this lightly, my boys LOVE football, but they are going on 4 years without a win, and it really is painful to watch the game! The band looked great - of course I should have taken a camera - they actually marched around in circles and did some salsa dancing. AWESOME job SFT band!
Now to finish catching up on the housework!

No comments:

Post a Comment