Monday, October 4, 2010

Odds and ends

Madison had her first 4-H meeting as the president of the club tonight. She did a good job! She knocked out the meeting in an hour flat so I was pleased with her! Jim stayed with the littles and they seem to have had a party while we were gone! Madison and Mallory are helping to plan the 4-H fall party, which somehow turned into me being in charge of a fire - they want to cook weenies and marshmallows. This will "somehow" end up being Jim in charge of a fire since he is the pyromaniac of the family! I am sure he won't mind at all!
Colin didn't do well on his last science test. He is not ineligible to play football, but his grade suffered. I made him ask for some extra credit, which he did. Now I am stuck helping him build a model of the earth out of salt dough. I needed a weekend project! I think he can do the work if I help him mix the dough! (Think is the key word in that sentence).
My family is not having the greatest of weeks. My aunt and uncle's barn burned down over the weekend. They were not hurt, so that is good, but they did lose a significant amount of hay and farm equipment. My brother got kicked in the face at his job at the sale barn today, and ended up with a broken nose. He is in a wedding this weekend, so I hope the swelling goes down quickly! I am thankful he wasn't hurt worse!
I am not sure what the reasoning is, but the floor paint in Mallory's room is not drying very well. I think she may have gotten it a little thick in a couple of places. She was extremely disappointed this evening because she had her heart set on moving the rest of her stuff into the room. Looks like we should just aim for the weekend on that project.
And Miss Harper has started letting go of stuff while standing. The little skunk thinks she is ready to walk! I am not sure we are ready for that! I guess she has a lot of people to keep up with!
I have a few meetings and inspections this week at work, so she is going to be left for the first time - I hope it goes well!
The rest of the week looks like a cracker jack festival! I am only going to look at one day at a time - otherwise I could have a breakdown trying to figure it all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment