Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin patch

Since the kids had the day off school today, and we have been trying to get to the Pumpkin Patch for quite some time now, we decided it was today or not at all. We love Shaake's pumpkin patch! It is so much fun! I warned the kids that with it being so late in the season, there might not be any good pumpkins left. I cautioned them to watch for holes and rotten pumpkins. There were still lots to choose from and I think they all got something worth our carving skills!





NO gourds this year....they don't carve well!





Colin obviously wasn't listening during my 'perfect pumpkin' speech.





Too many older brothers? She is acting like a guy!
We had a great time and it was a really good way to kill time while waiting for Jim to return home from his long week in Wichita. He made it home! We are all happy to have him back!
I spent my morning doing dam inspections. I am always amazed at what people try to get away with. Lets just say that I will be busy writing up reports and some not so friendly letters in the next couple of weeks. I wish I could say that I was finished with the whole annual inspection process, but we are far from it. I am planning a couple of days out in the next week so that we can knock it off before the weather gets any colder!
No soccer games this weekend. That means a chance to sleep in and get caught up! If you all fail to hear from me it is because I am buried in the little girl's room under a pile of rubble, toys, clothing, and other stuff. By the end of this weekend, I hope that they are organized and living in less chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment