Friday, August 9, 2024

Day 4- auction might


These 2 girls sold their last 4-H goats tonight.  Their mommas bawled like babies.  I cannot express the pride, love and mixture of sadness and happiness I have tonight.  The people of our town supported my kids amazingly tonight.  Quincy’s goat brought over a thousand dollars!  That is insane.  She has worked so hard on her animals, loving and caring for them. She has also made a lot of friends, done some crazy things and tried a lot of projects over the years.   I’m thankful that we had this journey.    


Saige’s goat was the only one we didn’t bring home.  He was a wether and we floored him.  The rest were sold on a premium only auction and they came back home with us.  Since they are does, we will eventually breed then and raise their kids.  Saige refused to name her goat this year, I think she thought it would be easier to sell him.  It wasn’t really easier.  She still felt sad.   







Harper also sold her goat.  We were overly blessed tonight. 

Jim told me to take a picture of Quincy’s last pen clean out.  I’m sure she will want it later.   All our animals are happy to be home, settled in their regular places, and we are feeling a little overly tired.  We have one more day of things to do and then maybe we can rest!  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment