Monday, August 5, 2024

In bed before 11

 

Well, we spent the afternoon in a flurry of chaos.  Honesty, I just do my best work under pressure.  I haven’t done a good job of passing on the “don’t procrastinate” goals to my kids.  But, Mallory came over and helped with posters.  Madison came over and helped with baking. I got entry numbers found, exhibitor numbers looked up and equipment found. Quincy made a trip to tractor supply for supplies we forgot, and feed.  Quincy also saved my bacon by offering to drop off Harper at band camp, which I had completely forgotten about.  (Thank you Quincy!).  It is not 11:00 pm and everything except loading up animals is done and ready.  Or done enough.  Saige had bigger cooking plans than what she accomplished, but she isn’t upset about it. I cannot remember how we managed when we had far more children trying to get ready, but today was a good day.  I dislike the part of my life where my kids move away, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I love that they are all self sufficient.  




Evelyn has a poster, some cookies and a few other things.  She was working hard on her poster when her sister decided she wanted to help!  It was pretty funny.  

This girl is very helpful!  She ended up in the pool with Grammy and aunt Mallory, because she is just too efficient for the kitchen crew!  


Harper survived day one of her first day in high school marching band.  She didn’t have a whole lot of information to share.  
And now, since everyone else is asleep, I am going to follow their lead. The best memories are fair memories - unless you’re too tired to know what is going on!   

No comments:

Post a Comment