Monday, August 12, 2024

Send off party

 

 
We had a little send off party for Quincy today.  We were happy to have some of the kids home for it.  
I enjoyed visiting with everyone this weekend.  
Quincy is now having one last sleep over hoorah with her friends.  



Evelyn was fairly upset with the news that Quincy is moving.  I think she is still adapting to Preston being gone.  Me too kid. Me too. 

After everyone left, I went out to do some mowing.  We ordered pizza and then, after dinner I went out to finish the side yard.  I jumped off the mower to grab a few branches.  I somehow ended up tripping and falling.  I knew something was wrong when I couldn’t use my arm to get up.  I ended up crawling to a pole and managed to get up and inside the house.  Jim brought me to the ER where they have decided I broke the cup part of my shoulder socket.  We are still here after 3 hours waiting for them to read the CT scan.  One thing I loathe is the ER.  But in this case, I guess I am glad Jim made me come in.  Not sure how this will affect my bus driving abilities.  I didn’t want summer to end….but if I’m having an extended summer I sure will want to float in the pool.  
Not the best ending to what had been a good weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment