Tuesday, August 13, 2024

and then there were 2….

Moving day for Quincy! 











When your mom breaks her shoulder before you have to move, you have to carry your own refrigerator.  (Harper was willing to help- she just didn’t take her up on it).  
I am thankful to Jim, Harper and Saige for helping so much today.  I felt lazy, but literally I can’t lift.

It has been 26 years since we had only 2 kids living at home.  Today we arrived back at this level.  We moved Quincy to her dorm at WSU today.  
It was a good day, and we are so proud of our girl. She is excited about school, has taken care of all the things, and we got her moved in, she got herself organized, decorated and we had a nice dinner courtesy of Colin and Spencer. 
And yes, I cried like a baby.  Made worse by my Facebook memories popping up with little Quincy, looking like a trash rat at the county fair!   She grew up too fast, and I am having a hard time digesting her being an adult.  This is the 6th time we have had a kid leave home.  It is a weird mix of pride, sadness, excitement, dread, change, fun, and half a dozen other emotions I can’t quite grasp.  I sincerely hope Quincy will be happy at WSU.  I also hope she knows that no matter what, as long as her dad and I live, she will have a place in our home.  The hole left here without her is palpable, but the pride we have for her, the love we have for her and the excitement to see where her future leads are bigger.  We love you Quincy.  Have a great freshman year. 
 
Side note - when I left tonight, Quincy was standing in Colin’s driveway literally a 12 minute drive from her dorm.  I have great comfort knowing be is close.  He is a protective but fun big brother, and I know he will help her if she needs him.  Also, Spencer is a care taker, has attended classes at WSU, and is from Wichita.  I know she is full of all kinds of information, hints and tips and will take care of Quincy.  Things  to be thankful for. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment