Friday, May 14, 2010

A big thanks for the end of this day!



I am happy to say that the boys room is almost finished. This was Colin painting the first layer of purple. It is really, really dark, but all 3 boys love it. I could not see changing it now since they are all so dang happy about it!







Harper started eating food this week - she likes something with a little more flavor than rice cereal. So far, she loves graham crackers and applesauce the best! I think that graham crackers have made her happy because her gums are so swollen still...feels good!
If I had to do this day over again I would flat refuse! It was an all-out awful day. Every single thing I tried to do was botched, messed up, fried, or whatever you want to say (actually several other words come to mind, but this is a family friendly blog). I think I just tried to do too much in one day today...it all needed to be done, but probably either I needed more help, or I needed to make 2 trips to Topeka. It is done now, but I am not sure how or how well!
I took the 3 little ones to walmart today - Quincy starts yelling "MOM LOOK- there is a SCARY MAN" at the top of her lungs. He really was scary, and I don't mean dirty, or extra hairy, the guy really did radiate the willies....but this is a good reason NOT to yell out at him! Anyhow I was torn between telling Quincy that this is a person, and that all people are God's great creation, and being very happy because she actually might have a smidgen of sense about being scared....maybe?? Of course, she wouldn't let it rest so I finally whispered to her - "the man is scary because he spanks loud little girls right in the store with his big stick" that seemed to get her to stop. From there we went to the doctor's office to get Harper's 4 month shots (since she will be 5 months old tomorrow). I had to mop the waiting room floor 2 times with wet wipes - once for puke and once for poo that seemed to have been in a hiding water gun someplace in Harper's pants. I have never seen a kid mess her pants, hit the floor and not get her own clothes dirty...oh no, because I had extra clothes for her - she had to hit the shorts I was wearing. We still had more errands to run, but I decided that since the day was going so well I should just come home. I then went to Casey's to get the girls phone minutes (because I forgot in walmart) and the guy somehow jammed up the cash register - with my debit card number in it - I was in there panicking because I was supposed to meet the pig guy who was delivering Madison's hog. I was in there for 30 minutes while he figured it out. I shouldn't have worried about missing the pigs because I had plenty of time. A lot of other things happened too, but they are so numerous I don't want to bore anyone anymore! I bought the floor paint for the boy's room today, but I have decided that after all the woes of the day I should not use anything that is oil based, for fear of blowing up or something! I am going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment