Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cam's adventures and more


Cameron visited a one room school house today for his class field trip. Mallory and Madison were filled with jealousy, as this is one of their all time favorite trips. Cam on the other hand, was not impressed! He said that the teacher was the devil herself and that he could never have survived living "way back then." He had to dress as if it was the late 1800's and they walked to the school and had lessons from that time period. He had to bring his lunch in a pail and it had to contain foods that would have been eaten then. (I had to go to the store last night and buy a huge can of nacho cheese so we could have a can to send his lunch in- we will be eating lots of nachos for a few more days!) Needless to say, this will not go down as a favorite of his (and he definitely did not come home and re-live the experience by watching the entire series of Little House on the Prairie like some other people in this family did).
We more than made over his bad day by purchasing him a trombone tonight. They decided to move beginning band down to 5th grade. He is so excited! We spent a great deal of this evening listening to him "play" his new instrument! Actually, it wasn't that bad for someone who has never touched anything like it before! The band teacher told the music store owner that at the very least should be sending us a Christmas card! We now have a flute player, a clarinet player, a trumpeter and a soon to be trombone player. I guess we need a drummer, guitarist, and maybe a saxophone and we can have our own family band! The Jackson 5 have nothing on us!
This week has reminded me of when I was in first grade and I used to look at the clock and wonder if I would live to see the end of the day. I have felt that it should be Friday for several days now. I think between the rainy weather and the fact that we have been trying fruitlessly to get caught up, it has just drug on forever! Work is piling up in my office - because it is so wet contractors can't work, that puts people (including me) on edge a little, but I can't control the weather! Good news though - the boys have moved into their new room. Mostly anyhow! I still have to sort through some clothes and toys and probably haul a huge load to Salvation Army or someplace, but they are sleeping in the basement. I will have to take some photos tomorrow. The weekend is looking like a lot of work, so maybe I shouldn't be so anxious for it to get here! We will also be attending 2 weddings this weekend and a whole bunch of ball practice make-ups as they have been rained out for several days now and games start next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment