Sunday, May 23, 2010

A weekend to remember



My cousin Derek got married yesterday. I was excited about going to a party, and seeing all my cousins. Harper had other ideas - she spent most of the evening giving people this look, followed by tears of terror. The music was too loud, the people were too foreign, and she was not amused by any of it! She sat in the car with grandma for a while, and finally fell asleep, only to wake up to my other cousin letting off fireworks and the terror started all over for her, so we left! The bride and groom looked very happy, and we wish them a lifetime of happiness!








Jim took the boys and Quincy fishing today. They were actually going to go to my uncle Tom's pond, but Quincy demanded to be included. They ended up going to the city lake, thinking that she would lose interest after a few minutes and then they could go on to Tom's house without her. She proved them all wrong, and stayed the course! As a matter of fact, all evening she has been asking me when she can go fishing again!! I am sure that these little bluegill were not what the boys had in mind for catching, but when you are 3 years old, ANY fish is a good fish!












































































These pigs are getting big already, and we are starting to see their personalities. Yes, I admit that they are all unique with little quirks of their own. There is definitely a ruler (Spot) and a sad little victim (Frank).























On the way to do pig chores, Madison was of course driving. This guy crossed the road in front of us. She stopped - she didn't want to hit him! Mallory jumps out and starts taking pictures of him. He was not too thrilled with us I don't think.



This is Harper's latest look - suck the lips! Aside from weddings (which she apparently hates) she is a happy little thing!




When the fishing party returned - Colin comes in the house grabs some unseen items and says "mom, whatever you do, don't come outside" --- mom radar goes blaring in my head. I of course ran out the door to see what was going on. This is when I see my adult husband - and my boys painting a skunk stripe on Jim's car - with the leftover (INTERIOR LATEX) purple paint from the boy's room. My guess is that the first big rain will wash that right off! And forget going to the carwash!!









Now I believe the weekend is officially over - what else could we possibly do??




No comments:

Post a Comment