Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bottom Layer?


Harper really, really wants to be a thumb sucker...and I think it is funny how she has discovered her hands and just looks and looks at them. NEAT-O!!
Jim was in Junction City today for a planning and zoning training day. (He is on the planning and zoning board in town). The only real thing that we had to do today, aside from hog chores was that Colin had baseball practice. We spent this entire day trying to find the bottom layer of our living room. I worked my kids like little servants. Things had piled up really high, I had been playing the "blame finishing the basement" game, but today it dawned on me that we have people coming in a week for the girl's graduation. So we got started. It took the whole day to put stuff away etc. but we did find that our living room has carpet! Things should never get this bad! It is clean now (except for the bookshelf). Tomorrow, I am working them all in the kitchen - cleaning out cabinets! Not the funnest weekend, or so I was told several times today!

This evening I have been finishing mudding and taping in the boy's new bedroom. I have never done a project like this before. If the sheetrock police show up I will totally be doing time! I took some verbal lessons from my neighbor and I have been doing the best I can. I don't think I have done anything that a little (major) sanding won't fix! Tomorrow I am planning to start sanding with the hope being that we can get some paint this week. I might be jumping the gun, however the boys (including the husband) are very anxious to get moved! When I used to be a hairdresser I had a client who was a drywall man. He offered to finish our basement in exchange for lifetime free haircuts for him and his family. I keep wondering if that offer would still be on the table - but I also think that his boys are pretty old - maybe even full grown by now. If the sanding doesn't go well, I may have to look up his number!

No comments:

Post a Comment