Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Saige’s last (regular season) game

 


I jokingly said that this is our very own version of “Breaking Amish” which was a show that one of the girls was obsessed with at one point.  This puppy cried most of the night last night.  She was obviously mourning the loss of her mom and siblings.  It was incredibly sad.  She has been doing fairly well with potty training, only having a couple of accidents.  She has played hard all day, both inside and outside.  She met Daisy Paige and Olive, and they ran around for a long time.  She played in the yard while I walked with Grace, and got sprayed by the hose for getting into the garden.  When I was out later moving dirt, she avoided the area completely so I think lesson learned!   She ran around the yard while I cleaned the pool.  She ran around the yard while Harper did chores, but did manage to rob one of the goat bottles and before Harper knew what happened, the bottle was minus the nipple!   Luckily, due to Jerry’s love of chewing up all things plastic, I have plenty of spares.   When we got done with all the playing, she absolutely collapsed.  It cracked me up!  She was a limp rag, even when I picked her up!  We have enjoyed having a puppy around. Carlos isn’t happy, but he is being a little less of a jerk now.  


Saige’s team played their last regular season game tonight.  They condensed the schedule so that everyone will be done by the end of June.  I actually love this!   
Her team played the team that Harper’s team played on Saturday (Burlingame).  They lost both games, but the second game was much better than the first.   They just can’t seem to field the ball, which makes it incredibly hard to win.   Saige pitched really well.  She got on base by walks. It was a sort of rough night for them all around.  


She took a shower while I was working outside and fixed her own hair.  It didn’t stay very well, and it was windy.  So I fixed it.  Then some other teammates were jokingly calling her “slick back” which she didn’t really like!  So between the games she let me braid it back out of her face.   I love her hair braided. It is so pretty- lays so nice, and her natural highlights make the braids look neat.  She hates it.  Rarely lets me braid it.  Refuses to see that it stays pulled back when it’s braided, and tells me she looks awful.  She’s wrong, she looks beautiful all the time, but you know - she’s a girl, none of us  ever likes what they are given right?   






I’m not sure how far they will go in the tournament, but I do not lie, so I will not say I’m sad about reclaiming evenings at home.   It has been fun, and it has been long, and my bedtime routine has been trashed!   

No comments:

Post a Comment