Sunday, January 30, 2011

Medaling Brothers

Colin and Preston both wrestled in a large tournament at Shawnee Heights (in Topeka) today. It was large because it was both novice and open kids. It was nice that we could go to one tournament and see both of them on the same day at the same place. Colin and Preston both got medals today. Preston got 4th place, and I think he had some fun! Colin had an absolute awesome day of wrestling - pinned every one of his opponents and took 1st place!

Preston (in red) really did some good moves today and got several escape points. He is really improving!
Colin likes to help him warm up....I don't know if the one arm push ups helped him or not!?!

Colin (in red here) really showed a lot of technique today. I was impressed watching him! He is learning a lot and is really doing great! And he is having fun, although in this photo he doesn't look like it!
Halfway through the day, Colin had to wrestle his team-mate, so he reversed his singlet and finished the day wearing blue. I cracked up during this match - Colin goes out and tries to do some move and then ended up picking the kid up. He then proceeded to walk around the mat with this kid on his shoulder....it was really funny - like he was giving him some sort of a piggy back ride or something!
Colin later explained to me that he scooped the kid up and was going to do some throw on him, but he had gotten in trouble for that at a different tournament, so he was deciding what to do to him. He ended up laying him down gently and then pinning him! It was still funny and awesome!

This is another one of Preston - I like the action. These little guys are so fast, and at this size (42 pounds) they are so evenly matched that pins don't seem to happen much. Preston made points today, and I don't think this kid was used to someone going tough on him - he started to cry halfway through the match!

We spent all day at this tournament. When I say all day I mean ALL DAY
but I had fun! Our club had several kids wrestling today, so we had a lot of people to watch! It is still funny to me how you can sit in a gym all day and when you get done you are so exhausted! :)
We went from the tournament back to AT&T because they somehow messed up the rebate paperwork. Our little helper friend was working again today, so we got that straightened out and then went on to walmart. Between the wrestling tournament and walmart I can feel official in stating that I have seen every scary, odd, or indecently dressed person in Topeka!
The kids have enjoyed their new phones - Madison reported to me that she sent more texts today than she has in the 3 years she has had a phone. (Thank goodness we went with the unlimited texting!). I was happy that they had new toys to keep them entertained while we were sitting today!
I thought last week would never end - and now I don't know where the weekend went! Time flies when you are having fun! The kids are convinced that we are going to have a huge snow storm and get more snow days this week. I don't have the heart to remind them that they have to make these days up! Better to go now than to have to make up days when the weather is warm! For Quincy's sake I hope the forecast is wrong. Quincy was supposed to have a couple days off school last week while her teacher was on vacation, but Ms. Becky got snowed in with cancelled flights out of Washington DC, so Q ended up with the whole week off. She was not amused with this - she missed going to preschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment