Tuesday, January 4, 2011

See, people here read!

Over Christmas break from school, Preston lost a school library book. We spent several days looking for the book and on Sunday, just before the kids went back to school we found it. I stuffed it in his bag and sent him back to school with it, telling him to be sure to turn it in. He came home and told me that when he turned it in the librarian asked him if he had read the book. He said "I told her that nobody reads to me at home, so she told me to tell my parents that they should read to me EVERY DAY." Great! Thanks Preston. I guess the library books that we read from the public library don't count? He said no, those aren't SCHOOL books! So I reminded him about the series he had been bringing home about dinosaurs - the ones that were not too exciting of reading material but that we had read in the weeks before Christmas break. OH yea I forgot 'bout those. So now I am probably on the "they don't read at home list" at the school. I was sure to point out to Preston that there are 5 other people in the house who can read besides me....and I took photos in case I have to present my case at the school.

Quincy spent the day with my cousin's husband and their boys today. I do mean the whole day. I got plenty of tales of Paul. Apparently Paul let them jump in the bounce house in the living room! And apparently Paul cooked the bestest lunch ever! When I asked what he cooked I was told Lunchables. And Paul played football with them, and let them play on the Wii and made them snacks and......Paul rocks!
When Quincy got home, her black nasty toe nail fell off. In an effort to make her feel better (because she was devastated by this loss) Mallory promised her that if she left the toe nail on the cabinet door in a ziplock bag....tonight the toe nail fairy would come and leave her a surprise! (THANK YOU MALLORY). Indeed, I did happen to notice that where there was once a nasty toe nail, there is now a dollar bill. Toe Nail Fairy? Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment