Friday, January 7, 2011

Mystery Coat


As we were working on laundry today, the doorbell rang. It was the UPS man who delivered this nice coat for Quincy. We didn't order a coat, however, and there was not any kind of a card or anything with it. We were pretty sure they didn't give it to the wrong person since it was embroidered with Quincy's name. She was really, really excited. After a bit, I realized the packing slip had a 'sold to' category. Thank you for the new coat Aunt Jeanne, you really made Quincy's day!
Quincy was up in the middle of the night sick. She never really showed any signs of it today, so I am not sure she had the flu. She was definitely back to normal when she woke up this morning! She was not as busy as Captain Destructo, though. The Captain has discovered how much fun it is to help with dishes - she loves to grab the dirty dishes and run off with them, all the while shaking her head no no no. She is too much of a crack up for me to get really upset by her!
Also, I am not sure that anyone knows our family's dirty little secret, but we are absolute hell on vacuum cleaners. We blow up about one a year. The last time I conned Jim into buying an Oreck. I have been pretty happy with it, and it has lasted for 2 or maybe even 3 years. Tonight, the motor blew out of it. So I am very sad. If anyone knows of a mid-priced, well built, heavy duty vacuum cleaner, I am interested in hearing about it! I have promised myself that when we build a house we will not be putting in a single, solitary stitch of carpeting! It is so much easier to sweep, mop and wash area rugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment