Thursday, January 27, 2011

WOW!



I love these photos that our friend Julie took for our Christmas cards this year. Obviously I couldn't use them all, but I still LOVE, LOVE them! I haven't made the time to have them printed like I need to, though! She is incredibly talented and I really appreciated her patience when trying to capture our 7 kids plus my brother's 3. I am sure she has had easier photo shoots before!
It seems like this week has drug on forever!

We have stayed very busy doing I don't even know what. Yesterday, all day seemed to me like a Thursday, which translated into today being Friday. Except that it isn't! I guess I am ready for the weekend...but this one is extra busy so I am not sure that when Monday rolls around I will feel rested and relaxed!
Yesterday, the kids in the Jr. High that qualified got to go on a rewards trip to the ski place in Weston Missouri. Colin qualified, and was so excited about the trip. It had been postponed once before due to nasty wind chills. Anyhow he texted me on his way home - the text went like this:
"we are leaving now....had fun! love skiing- skipped all the training and taught myself to ski."
OK? The last thing I said to him before he left was be careful - don't do anything crazy because I don't want to have to come find you in some ER somewhere!
He told me that he thought the training would be a waste of time - after all - how hard can skiing be? :) This from a kid who has never even touched a ski in his life!
He says he was doing really well until he decided to try some jumps - then he wiped out! He is a nut!
Colin had a basketball game tonight. He usually plays on the B team, and the B team did not play today, but some kids on the C team got benched for fighting, so he played on the C team tonight. He had 4 points but has decided that he should have gotten credit for 2 more since they called him for a travel but he actually got shoved!
The kids all had line dancing practice tonight as well. I think their dance is coming along pretty well, but we are all now really sick of the Watermelon Crawl!
I am having to develop some emergency action plans at work. This is a process that I have never been in charge of before. I attended a meeting last week where they told me to contact the county emergency management and they would help me. So today I was talking to a lady from emergency management in Lawrence and it turned out that I used to ride the school bus with her brothers! It really is a small world! She turned out to be a wealth of information too, and I think it was a good phone call to make! Now if I can just get done so we don't lose our federal funding all will be great!
Did I say I needed a weekend? Well, that probably isn't happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment