Saturday, January 22, 2011

Weekends are good!

Last night, Mallory and Madison volunteered to watch the little ones so that Jim and I could go out for dinner. It was very nice of them, and we really did appreciate it. They had a fun time watching movies and apparently, dressing up! Jim and I had a nice dinner at Hu Hot, Mongolian Barbecue. I did enjoy the dinner, but MSG has not been kind to either of us!


Today, my mom took Preston and Quincy to a friend's grandson's birthday party at Gage Park Carousel. Preston and Quincy had a wonderful time riding the carousel!


While they were at the party, Jim took Cam to his basketball game. Cam's team lost, but Cam made 8 of the 10 points that his team had! He was not very happy with losing that game, and was even more upset with KSU losing! I was watching Frank Martin and Cam and I am not sure who was madder?!?

Colin wrestled in a tournament in Olathe today. I had never been to this part of Olathe, and was a little worried about finding it, but Jim printed me out some awesome directions, and it was very easy! Colin got 3rd place. He wrestled pretty well, but was not overly pleased with himself. He had some really tough matches. I had a good time watching both the wrestling, and the people. Wrestling people never disappoint in their performances!

(Colin is the one in the red)
There was some melting, so the snow finally stuck together well enough to build some snowmen. Colin, Preston and Quincy all had a great time building snowmen. Cam made a pretty cool fort while he was grilling steaks! The fort and the steaks both turned out!


We are now all just relaxing, and enjoying being home! Last night I bought new paint for our bedroom. I am going on record here saying I WILL finish painting it tomorrow after church. I started this project over a year ago, and then ran out of paint. I didn't even try to match what I was using before. I bought all new! Nothing wild, the color is called 'toasted coconut' and I am excited to have this scratched off my to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment